Friday, January 13, 2012

At One with Nature!

I have gone back into my running routine this week. Didn't want to blog about it until I made sure I stuck to it this week. I've already been three times and I tell you it is amazing. There is something so liberating about running. It's just like me, myself and I finally come together as one and are for once harmonious and in sync. Life becomes good, hardships diminish and all lists melt away for that one hour. Truly, life becomes wondrous.

I do listen to music when I run but I also run without any sound and just let my mind wander where it would like. Surprisingly and without me having anything to do with it, my mind always strays to the world of books. Running in the park, you can easily see why authors like Shakespeare were inspired by the landscape of countryside themes, there is a lot about nature that we take for granted. How inspiring it can be, how calming and therapeutic. So today I thought I would share some of my most favourite quotes on nature:

"And this, our life exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything," - William Shakespeare.

"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair" - Khalil Gibran.

"There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough to pay attention to the story." - Linda Hogan

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant, I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite" - Bertrand Russell.

And my absolute favourite:

"If you don't go out in the woods, nothing will ever happen and your life will never begin" - Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.

No comments: